The Cambodian government has just issued an official statement confirming the lockdown order on Phnom Penh and Takhmao town.
According to the government's announcement, for two weeks (from 15 April to 28 April), citizens in the designated areas must not leave their homes unless necessary, and all meetings are also prohibited.
Following are the other key points from the announcement:
- 3 days a week, two members of each household can buy food and other essentials in the lockout areas.
- Citizens can travel within the lockout zones for emergency purposes, such as to the hospital (no more than four passengers per trip) or for COVID-19 checks.
- Journalists, diplomats, international organization, NGO staff, and government officials can go to work, but they must carry their work documents with them and follow the Health Ministry's preventive measures.
- Throughout the downtime, only essential businesses such as food shops, pharmacies, hospitals and clinics, food factories, slaughterhouses, transportation, hotels and guesthouses, online businesses, provision of daily necessities such as markets, supermarkets, mini markets, grocery stores, takeaway restaurants, gas stations, telco companies, banks, and MFI's can operate.
- All acceptable individual travel and business activities are prohibited during the curfew (from 8pm to 5 am).
- To manage the lockdown, a national committee chaired by Finance and Economics Minister Aun Pornmoniroth has been established. The committee has the power to form special purpose working groups and to serve on behalf of City Hall.
For more details, please refer to the release from the Royal Government of Cambodia below:
This is not a legal document. The information here is for reference and general guidance purposes only.
Kindly contact NVM to obtain qualified legal consultation for specific situations
Mr. Huynh Minh Quan | (84) 903 969 118 | firstname.lastname@example.org