Cambodian authorities have updated lockout policies in the territories of Phnom Penh and Takhmao, which will be in effect until April 28, 2021.
Changes to the lockdown measure as follow:
- Certain essential business can stay open despite the lockdown, but they may be subject to tougher conditions, such as limiting their staffing to no more than 2%.
- For those traveling to work in essential businesses allowed to remain open during the lockdown, they must have a travel permit from the “Executive Committee to Manage and Lead the Implementation of the Lockdown” in addition to an ID and employment certificate.
- Citizens can travel to receive a second dose of the COVID-19 vaccine. During the lockdown, authorities postponed the distribution of the first dose.
- Authorities also ban outdoor exercise and sporting activities.
- Officials from diplomatic missions, the United Nations, and international financial institutions can to travel, but must show proof of employment and identification.
- Employees of NGOs organizations are no longer exempt from the lockout.
- Journalists must present travel permits provided by the Ministry of Information in addition to their ID and work certificate.
- Individuals commuting to and from the airport within the lockout zone must show proof of identification and travel documentation.
For more details, please refer to the release from the Royal Government of Cambodia below:
This is not a legal document. The information here is for reference and general guidance purposes only
Kindly contact NVM to obtain qualified legal consultation for specific situations
Mr. Huynh Minh Quan | (84) 903 969 118 | firstname.lastname@example.org